1913 - 2006 (93 years)
||Harrison, Middleton Cleaton [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||10 May 1913
||Bethlehem, Walton County, GA [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
||26 Dec 2006
||Sylvester, Worth County, GA 
||Sylvester, Worth County, Georgia, USA 
||MK's Family Tree
||4 Jun 2017 |
||Harrison, James Thomas, b. 28 Oct 1877, Walton County, GA , d. 24 Jun 1956, Bethlehem, Barrow County, GA (Age 78 years) |
||Tanner, Minnie Lee, b. 12 Oct 1880, Gwinnett County, GA , d. 8 Dec 1967, Bethlehem, Barrow County, GA (Age 87 years) |
||27 Dec 1906
||Carl, Gwinnett County, GA - at the Tanner Home
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Zorn, Martha Catherine, b. 12 Dec 1920, Sycamore, Turner County, GA , d. 19 May 2012 (Age 91 years) |
||7 Jul 1938
||Sycamore, Turner County, GA
| ||1. Harrison, Malissa Cynthia, b. 5 Jul 1939, Sycamore, Turner County, GA , d. 10 May 2017, Radium Springs, Dougherty County, GA (Age 77 years) [natural]|
| ||2. Living|
||4 Jun 2017 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- M. C. attended Bethlehem Grammar, Winder High and University of Georgia. he was the first Agriculture teacher in Sycamore, Turner County, GA. He coached various sports in his early years as an educator. He retired as the Principal of the Sylvester Elementary School and as the Assistant Headmaste of Worth Academy.
Middleton Cleaton Harrison
SYLVESTER - M.C. Harrison, 93, of Sylvester died Tuesday, December 26, 2006, at his residence.
Funeral services will be at Pinson Memorial United Methodist Church on Thursday, December 28, 2006, at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Dr. Dan Williamson officiating. The family will receive friends at the church from 1 p.m. until the hour of the service. Interment will follow in Hillcrest Cemetery.
Mr. Harrison was born in Bethlehem, Barrow County, GA, on May 10 1913, to the late James Thomas and Minnie Tanner Harrison. After receiving a B.S. degree in Math in 1935 and a B.S. degree in Agriculture in 1937 from the University of Georgia, Mr. Harrison began a long career as a teacher and administrator in the Georgia public education system. He taught in several Georgia schools before moving to Sylvester in 1954 where he served as principal of Sylvester Elementary School until 1973 when he retired. While at Sylvester Elementary School, Mr. Harrison received his Master's degree in Administration from the University of Georgia. After his retirement, he served as Assistant Headmaster of Worth Academy for 10 years.
Mr. Harrison was a member of Pinson Memorial United Methodist Church where he served as Sunday School Superintendent for many years. In addition to teaching Sunday school, he was a member of the United Methodist Men's Club and the Administrative Board. Mr. Harrison was a member of the Sylvester Kiwanis Club holding the office of Secretary and Treasurer, and a member of the Georgia Retired Teachers Association, serving as President and as Program Chairman of the Worth Chapter.
Mr. Harrison is survived by his loving wife of 68 years, Catherine Zorn Harrison of Sylvester; three daughters, Cynthia H. Reese and Phyllis H. McAlister, both of Albany, Martha Harrison of Charlotte, NC; five grandchildren, Ed Reese Jr., Robin R. Wright, Quillon Orta, Michael Cleaton McAlister and Britt McAlister; two great- grandchildren, Ayla Catherine Orta and Noelle Smith; one sister, Mary Hamilton of Waycross.
Mr. Harrison was preceded in death by two brothers, Ernest and James Harrison; two sisters, Betty Ruth Baggett and Grace Daniel.
For those desiring memorials may be made to Pinson Memorial United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 118, Sylvester, GA 31791 or Albany Community Hospice, 2332 Lake Park Drive, Albany, GA 31707.
Banks Funeral Home
- [S-162784452] U.S. School Yearbooks, 1880-2012, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).
- [S-162691537] United States Obituary Collection, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Newspaper: Albany Herald, The; Publication Date: 28 12 2006; Publication Place: Albany, GA, US.
- [S357172937] 1920 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Year: 1920; Census Place: Bethlehem, Barrow, Georgia; Roll: T625_234; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 14; Image: 699.
- [S-136037927] U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Ancestry.com, (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).